Thursday, November 13, 2008

In Remembrance of My Grandma...

My grandma Klepper passed away on October 25th, 2008. She got very sick suddenly with a perforated bowel and had surgery the following day. After her surgery, she developed septic shock. Her body was not able to fight this. She was 84 years old. She left us too soon. I still can't grasp the thought that she is really gone. She was such a "go getter" and I honestly thought she would always be around. She meant so much to me. I could go on for days about the grandma she was to me. She always had a smile on her face, she never complained about anything, and she always gave the biggest, tightest hugs ever!! Man, I loved her so much!! My kids called her "grandma great" and I can't think of a better name for her because she really was the greatest.

I know she is dancing in heaven now and I know I have an angel with me always. But, that doesn't seem to make it easier. I do now have this new profound belief in my faith and the afterlife in heaven. She was loved by many and will be so missed by so many people. I can't imagine the holidays this year without her. They will be hard on the entire family.

I worry about my grandpa. He is in the hospital now and misses her so much. She was his beloved wife for 63 years. I pray he can find happiness here on earth without her by his side. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry you lost your Grandma. I can see so much of you in your description of her, so she has definitely left her mark. I'll be praying for your Grandpa.

Jen